We caught up with Qaisar Abbas, of Global Accountancy Services and a tenant at our Ardwick site to talk business growth and ambitions for the future.
1. What’s the name of your business, and what does it do?
My business is Global Accountancy Services. We provide accounting services.
2. How long has your business existed, and what inspired you to start it?
The business launched in October 2012. When you’re in employment you can only grow up to certain level - but with self-employment, the sky’s the limit!
3. Do you have a business or personal motto?
Client satisfaction and act professionally and ethically.
4. What’s the biggest challenge you faced when you set up the business?
Making my business known to the clients out there.
5. And what’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned?
Working hard and professionally is the key to success.
6. In a dream scenario, where do you see you and your business in three years?
Same business but bigger with more clients and staff.
7. What’s the best thing about being a business owner…and what’s the worst?
The best thing is that you can choose your working hours and the worst is that you can’t switch off.
8. Are there any essential items you always have with you?
9. Looking back, is there anything you would have done differently in business?
Not now but perhaps I would have started earlier than I did.
10. And finally, if there’s one piece of advice you could give to your 18-year-old self, what would it be?
Believe in yourself.